Friday, May 29, 2009

Random Fridays Thoughts


~ My vacuum decided to stop working properly on me the other day. I guess it's time for a new one. This one lasted me 6 long years. In vacuum lives, I don't know if that's a long time or not. But it cleaned my college dorm room, my first apartment and now our first place. I will be sad to see it go, but I am looking forward to having a new spiffy one in it's place!

~ I picked up a basil plant from Trader Joes. I am already looking forward to using it this summer in salads. A favorite that I love to make is a tomato, cucumber and basil salad, with a balsamic dressing. Oh yumm!

~ I left work yesterday feeling great, but 4 hours later I felt horrible. I have come down with cold and it sucks, especially right before the weekend. Our plans to go to Disneyland tomorrow may be thrown out the window and instead I may just spend the weekend sleeping.

~ I was driving to the bookstore, the other day on my lunch and I passed a place that is quite unique for it's surroundings. I have meant to mention it before, but I have always forgotten to. Anyways, in the middle of quite a built up area, there is a "Drive thru Egg Store". Hmmmm... interesting. I had never seen a drive thru egg store in California, let alone all my years growing up in the Midwest. How does a place like that stay in business this day and age, especially in Southern California?

~ Since it's now summer, I think I need to change up my blog layout. I'm not feeling my current one anymore. I need something light and fresh. Maybe, I can work on that this weekend considering I am sick and probably won't be leaving the house.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments on "Random Fridays Thoughts"

IzzysMa on May 29, 2009 at 3:22 PM said...

a drive thru egg store? That is pretty random. Hope you feel better soon.

Rachel on May 29, 2009 at 3:26 PM said...

There is a giveaway for a Vaccuum at SimpleMom
http://simplemom.net/summer-week-of-giveaways-oreck-xl-gold-vacuum/comment-page-1/#comment-52364

You should try and win a free vaccuum!

Cari on May 30, 2009 at 1:07 PM said...

I hope you feel better soon and I can't wait to see the new blog design!

Hazeleyessue on June 2, 2009 at 10:39 PM said...

drive thru dairies were popular back in the day. Intact there is still one open in Fullerton. Was that what it was?

Cari on June 9, 2009 at 5:19 PM said...

How is it going with the new blog design? I hope all is well!

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal