Friday, February 8, 2008

bbquEWW!


Hyped up food is really a let down, especially when it turns out gross! Last night, the hubby and I went to Raxx BBQ and Brewery, in Riverside to celebrate, his friend Matt's birthday. David had previously been there for a bachelor party and said the food was amazing. He has never let me down before when it comes to food. Well, scratch that, because he told me the sweet tea was amazing and I don't like it at all! But generally, he is right on the mark, except this time.

We shared the short ribs , with mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Let's just say, the whole thing was horrible. The ribs were all fat and even when I was eating the meat part it had fat in it. The sides were not good either, as the mashed potatoes were plain and had no flavor to them and the macaroni and cheese was bland as well. I am not sure if short ribs are normally that fatty, as I have never had them before, but I didn't like them. If we ever go back, I might try their baby back ribs, but I was really disappointed in the sides as well.

We did have a large party though and the service was still great and the company was good. Matt seemed to really enjoy his birthday dinner, so thats all that really matters. David wants to go back, so they get one more chance in my book and if its bad again then they are off the list!

On another note, my friend Rachel who is pregnant, just had her first ultrasound at 19 weeks. The baby is healthy and doing well! Wohoo! They didn't find out the gender though, so we get to wait to see if its a boy or girl. :( It seems like it was yesterday that her and her husband Scott, told us that they were pregnant! Now she is almost half way through her pregnancy!

3 comments on "bbquEWW!"

Anonymous said...

We did find out the sex....

And I am glad you felt that way about Raxx, I have been there twice and not impressed at all!

JennB on February 11, 2008 at 1:16 PM said...

I've heard mix reviews on Raxx...you either love it or hate it I guess. That's cool about your friend!

I Shot a man in Reno on February 12, 2008 at 11:04 AM said...

In my defense, the food was not nearly as good as it was the first time I was there.

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal