Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hair Freak Out



I have always considered myself very lucky when it comes to visits with the dentist. I have never had anything major done on my teeth. I did though crack two wisdom teeth on two different occasions. Since they weren't impacted the whole pulling experience went really well. On the second occasion, I even went straight from the dentist to girls night. Only problem I had was that I couldn't eat anything and Jenni's food smelled amazing. I was a drooling mess!

I went to the dentist yesterday though, to have a cavity filled and it was definitely an experience. I almost freaked out, well maybe it was a freak out. It wasn't from the work the dentist was doing. I love me dentist. He is awesome. But, it was all my hair's fault. I know I said my hair, I'm not nuts I swear! I had my hair in a ponytail and while I was sitting in the chair it started to hurt because it was pushed up. Well I kept thinking about it and everyone knows if you think about it only makes it worse.

I starting fidgeting and feeling like I couldn't breath. I don't think the device holding my mouth holding open, sucking thing helped either. I wanted to jump out of the chair and run away. Then the cavity was a lot bigger than my dentist realized and it took forever to fill. I was in the chair for about an hour. Just thinking about the whole experience is making me tense!

Who would have thought I would get all worked up over my hair and not because of the big needles or the drill. Maybe I am nuts! :)

Photo Source: iStockphoto.com

4 comments on "Hair Freak Out"

Angie Eats Peace on February 27, 2008 at 7:45 PM said...

How funny, it's amazing how far our minds can take us.

JennB on February 28, 2008 at 7:44 AM said...

Sucks about your cavity but I'm glad it's all taken care of now. I guess your hair put you out of your comfort zone

Brandy on February 28, 2008 at 9:18 AM said...

You're so nice. I would of ran away. :/

Nanette on March 2, 2008 at 8:24 PM said...

Oh no! That sucks!

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal