Monday, February 18, 2008

Over The Top



I can't believe how so many action movies are so completely and utterly unrealistic! Yesterday afternoon, the hubby and I watched, Die Hard with a Vengeance, which he had gotten on Netflix.com. There were several points in the movie where I wanted to walk away as it was so over the top. I restrained myself, as I wanted to see how it ended though.

Action films in the past, have never really bothered me and I would watch them if David wanted too. In the end, I normally ended up enjoying them as well. I have noticed though, the last couple that I have watched, I keep finding myself saying, "That would never happen! That would be such a huge General Liability claim!” Hehe!

Now for those of you who don't know me IRL, I work for an electrical construction company in the Safety/Risk Management Dept. I get to report all the auto, workers compensation, and general liability claims along with doing a bunch of other random stuff. I haven't had this job very long, so that would probably explain the recent disgust in action movies. I think the part that always amazes me, is that our jobs affect us in so many more ways that we ever realize. We think we leave our jobs at the door when we leave at the end of the day, but in reality we really don't. If you think about it, most people spend more time at our jobs in a week than we do at home, if you exclude sleeping! We are all working for the weekend. Such a shame!

5 comments on "Over The Top"

JennB on February 18, 2008 at 10:32 AM said...

I know what you mean about how we become our jobs. I find myself making comments about medical bills or copays.

Amy on February 18, 2008 at 12:05 PM said...

I found myself doing the exact same thing with this movie. I also know what you mean about not leaving work. I was talking with my friend one day and almost told her too spit out her gum. Opps! I told her what I had almost done. She said, "Um no" and laughed about it. It was pretty funny.

Brandy on February 18, 2008 at 12:08 PM said...

How funny. Paul & I were commenting on a similar situation. There's commercial for the new slim laptop. It's so small that you can fit it into an interoffice envelope. The slim laptop didn't faze us. We were too busy gawking at the "new" interoffice envelope. All the ones at our work are torn & held by tape! hee hee :)

Angie Eats Peace on February 18, 2008 at 4:24 PM said...

I can not handle those over the top movies. If they are too unrealistic, I just roll my eyes.

Anonymous said...

I've been avoiding watching the latest Die Hard installment because the commercials were too over the top. Is it too much to ask for something realistic?

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal