Monday, October 22, 2007

No, They Aren't Pancakes: Sweet Corn Fritters



Growing up my mom used to make sweet corn fritters all the time, along with potato pancakes. I always loved both of them. I realized the other day that I have never made either of them for David. I didn't have any potatoes so I decided I would make the sweet corn fritters. They are very quick and easy. You can also easily modify them to suit your craving or preference. You can add either cayenne pepper, onion or cheese. I like them with just salt on them.

Sweet Corn Fritters

Source: Mom
Yield: dozen and half

Ingredients
1 egg
6-8 tbls of milk
3/4 cup of flour
2 cups of corn
1/4 tsp of salt
2 tsp of baking powder

In medium bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add flour, corn and salt. Add any modifications here. Only add baking powder right before frying. In pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Drop mixture to frying pan and cook till golden.

3 comments on "No, They Aren't Pancakes: Sweet Corn Fritters"

Angie Eats Peace on October 25, 2007 at 9:37 PM said...

Those look good! Mmmm...with cheese!

Courtney on October 26, 2007 at 4:59 PM said...

Yum, I think I might go make this right now! Sounds so yummy!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't had corn fritters in ages. I'll need to find an excuse to give your recipe a try!

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal