Saturday, October 13, 2007

When It Rains It Pours


It poured today. I really thought the day was going very well. David and I slept in and then watched Beauty and the Geek in bed. We then got up and went to our favorite Saturday lunch spot, for Tony's 50 cent tostadas! We didn't have to wait long for our food and they were so good. After lunch though it started to pour. My guacamole recipe was specifically requested for Melissa and Troy's baby shower that was later that afternoon along with taco meat. I will post about the shower later. I went to Staters and bought all the ingredients for the guac. When I cut open the avocados, out of seven only one was okay! I was so frustrated! It wasn't like one or two were bad, six of them were! I decided I would add everything else to the bowl and go to the Staters by the church and get new ones. We parked and as I was getting out of the car, the bag holding the taco meat broke. I watched in slow motion as my nice dish fell to ground and broke into tiny pieces and taco meat went everywhere! So, I bought 6 more avocados and more ground beef! I had to re-cook the meat in the church kitchen. Then out of those 6 avocados, two where bad! So my guacamole was more like salsa than guac. I am crossing Staters off the list for avocados. It's just so annoying, because when you buy them from anyone else they are normally hard. You have to wait a couple of days before using them and Staters are always perfect. So today it poured but hopefully tomorrow will be better!

0 comments on "When It Rains It Pours"

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal