Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Change!


Talk about changes at work! Yesterday afternoon, they gave us the choice of switching from 5 eight hour shifts to 4 ten's. I am still really surprised they are giving us this option. I have thought about it and I am going to try it! I am still very nervous about doing this. I love my schedule right now, 7:00 to 3:30 Monday thru Friday. After getting off work, I have time to go to the bank, grocery shopping and cook a pretty involved dinner and still have tons of time left to relax in the evening. Now I will be working from 6:30 to 5:00 and taking Friday off. The days are going to be long and I wonder if it will be worth it to have that extra day off of work. Let's take a look at the pros and cons.

Cons:
Longer work day
Get up earlier
In the winter go to work in the dark and leave when it's dark
Less time to cook dinner

Pros:
Extra day off
Easier to make doctor's appointments
3 days to sleep in instead of 2

I think the pro's out weigh the cons. If I don't like it, I am able to switch back so I shouldn't be nervous, but I still am. The proposed start date would be in 2 weeks! I'll update once we start!

5 comments on "Change!"

Brandy on June 10, 2008 at 12:08 PM said...

I love how you're taking a chance on change! I hope it all works out for the better. Sounds super nice to have the option :) good luck!

Alison on June 10, 2008 at 9:30 PM said...

I'd take the extra day to sleep in! Once you guys make babies, you'll forever miss sleeping in!

Thanks for checking out our etsy site- we'd gladly make you some wall letters :)

Sara on June 11, 2008 at 7:42 AM said...

Sounds like a fun change! I did this at my old job and lOOOVED it!! Let us know how it goes!

Rachel on June 11, 2008 at 8:10 AM said...

I am always trying to convince my boss to let me work 4 tens, at least you still get off at 5:00, you will still have time to cook dinner and everything, it would be harder if you worked 7:30 - 6:00.

sherthebear on June 11, 2008 at 11:49 AM said...

an extra day off! That is pretty cool and worth it to try a new schedule.

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal