Thursday, June 12, 2008

You look tired


Unfortunately I inherited my mom's lovely genetics, so like her I always have dark circles under my eyes regardless of how much sleep I get. Recently though I noticed that the circles under my eyes have gotten a lot darker. Whenever this happens, I have re-evaluate how much sleep I have been getting lately. I thought about it and for awhile now, I have been getting about 6 and half each night. I can totally function on 6 1/2 hours, but I need at least 8 hours of sleep a night to look and feel refreshed.

I don't know if it's because the days are longer now or just that we have been busier. It's also hard for me to go to bed when David isn't ready. He gets to sleep in another 2 hours later than I do, so when the clock hits 9:30 he isn't ready to go to bed! I need to get into a better schedule, especially if in two weeks I am going to have to get up even earlier and work a longer day!

Do any of you need to go to bed before your husband does? Do you tend to stay up later because of him?

5 comments on "You look tired"

Brandy on June 12, 2008 at 10:19 AM said...

If I'm really tired I'll go to bed w/out him. Honestly it's nice to have the bed to myself every now & then. :)

Jennifer on June 12, 2008 at 11:18 AM said...

I go to bed without Dave a lot of the time. He is never ready to go to bed, so he usually will lay down with me and when I fall asleep, he gets up and does his thing.

Alicia on June 12, 2008 at 3:41 PM said...

I try not to go to bed without Dirk but when he has a big side job he's working on I have no choice. It is a bummer and I realize how much I love the time together before we go to bed.

Witness My Fitness on June 12, 2008 at 10:35 PM said...

Since we had Jackson, I've learned I can function on any amount of sleep if I have to!

I always wait up for Troy! I totally know what you mean. I used to bed early, but not since I got married. You compromise, you know?

sherthebear on June 13, 2008 at 5:43 PM said...

I always go to sleep before DH. He is a night owl and if I waited I would be totally exhausted. We are just on different schedules.

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal