Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Recap


I thoroughly enjoyed this last weekend! It was very relaxing and a much needed break from all of the busyness of life! Friday, after work I convinced the hubby to come with me shopping (what a great husband)! I had a gift card to H&M, which the girls gave me for my birthday that I still hadn't used. We headed on over there and I found several things that I loved and got them all! Hehe!

After shopping, we hit up Yard House for their happy hour. The rest of the evening was spent playing Mario Kart on the Wii. We just bought it so the novelty hasn't worn off yet!

Saturday, was spent celebrating Melissa's birthday. In the morning, we went to Simple Simon's with the family and it was nice to eat outside on a summer morning. We went home and I took a nap. Then we headed on down to Corona Del Mar beach, for a bonfire. I believe I have mastered the art of s'more making! The marshmallow needs to be nicely toasted and chocolate all melted. Yumm! Hope you had a wonderful birthday Melissa!

On Sunday, our alarm clock unfortunately did not go off and we missed church. It was weird being home on a Sunday morning. For some reason I decided to make crepes, which by the way I have never made in my life (post coming). I had a lot of fun making them. The afternoon was spent doing absolutely nothing, other than watch House: MD. FYI: the hubby deleted all 22 episodes of CSI that were saved on the DVR. We keep getting confused, as the episodes aren't in order and we keep missing critical character development. It's time to add them to our Netflix queue!

We went to dinner at Salsa Mar, to celebrate Father's day with David's dad. Like always their food was good. The salsa was even better than normal. It had a little bit more kick and I love that.

Since my folks are in Indiana, I spoke with my dad earlier in the day and he talked my ear off like normal. Housing prices, the car, and weather are always his topics of choice never fail, but I still love him!

4 comments on "Weekend Recap"

JennB on June 16, 2008 at 10:45 AM said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! S'mores are sooo good, I'm glad you mastered them.

Brandy on June 16, 2008 at 11:28 AM said...

Yay! I'm glad you found the game. Mario Kart is so much fun. I'm always Toad. :)

Robyn on June 16, 2008 at 11:30 AM said...

Brandy- lol, I always am Yoshi!

Rachel on June 17, 2008 at 9:14 AM said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal