Monday, June 9, 2008

Why does one person....


always have to ruin it for everyone else?! In this situation, it isn't actually one person, maybe more like 3. All of us girls were pulled into the back office today for a meeting. Meetings in my office always mean something is up. Topic of discussion today was Dress Code. I knew this was coming. Hotter weather means skimpier clothing!

I know I posted last week about how cold the office is, well that's only in my little room. The rest of the office is normally sweltering hot! Luckily, it hasn't been in the 100's lately so that's good, but it has still been hot. I try to typically follow the dress code to a T. In fact several weeks ago, three of us busted out the dress code policy and went over it to make sure we weren't violating any policies. Let's just say there are a couple of people that probably hadn't read it in awhile or actually never read it all! I knew eventually someone was going to say something and that day was today.

We are extremely lucky that we get to wear casual dress all week, that includes jeans, Capri's and flip flops. Well as of tomorrow no more Capri's and we will probably loose flip flops soon as well! I guess there is even talk of them wanting us to be business casual. I would be so sad if it came to that!

What is just frustrating, is why can't the offenders be pulled aside and A. given a verbal warning and if it continues then B. get written up. It's just sad that they get to ruin it for everyone else. That always seems to be the case isn't it though! :(

3 comments on "Why does one person...."

Rachel on June 9, 2008 at 11:39 AM said...

I am so sorry, that stinks! I always thought you were so luck to get to wear flip-flops and jeans to work. Hopefully they wont change it too drastically!

Nanette on June 9, 2008 at 3:31 PM said...

I agree - they should just tell the offender instead of punishing you all.

I, too, have a really casual work environment. That would suck if it had to change. :(

Brandy on June 10, 2008 at 12:09 PM said...

I'm still giggling over the comic strip! Hopefully they don't get too crazy w/rules. :p Damn hoochies.

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal