Friday, November 14, 2008

Disgusting


We recently started watching the show, Kitchen Nightmares and we both really enjoy it. If you haven't seen the show, the short version of what happenes is that Chef Gordon Ramsey, goes into a failing restaurant and tries to turn it around. He makes changes to the decor and menu, along with other areas, in efforts to keep the restaurant going.

Last nights episode though, made me sick to my stomach. Chef Ramsey visited a Mexican restaurant and basically shut down the restaurant, because it was so dirty. He came out of the kitchen and told all the customers that they needed to go home immediately. They were serving food that was cooked the previous week. In the fridge they had chicken and fish that was slimy and they also had cockroaches running around everywhere on the floor and dishes. Yuck!

Even though, he completely turned the restaurant around and it is still open, I wonder if since he left, they slipped back into old habits. The episode makes me wonder what we really are eating when we go out to eat. I almost don't want to eat out anymore!

2 comments on "Disgusting"

Alicia on November 15, 2008 at 7:41 PM said...

I had never watched that show until that episode. I was TOTALLy disgusted too. I could not believe the conditions that the food was in. The ground beef made me wanna gag. Is it always that bad?

Robyn on November 16, 2008 at 11:03 PM said...

I have never seen an episode where the kitchen was that dirty!

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal