Tuesday, November 4, 2008

His Will Will Be Done



Are you voting today? I sure am! I will be heading to the polls today after work with the hubby. I won't get all political on you all, but I feel so greatful to live in a country, in which I have the right to vote. In so many others, women do not get the chance to. Everyone has the chance. Because of this, I don't feel bad for people when they complain about how the country is being run, when in fact they didn't even vote and voice their opinion.

I will be so very glad when the election is over though. I am getting very tired of hearing all the commercials from both sides and reading blogs about it. I am tired of hearing about how low people stoop to bash both sides. Like tearing down people's banners for yes and no on Prop 8 or tearing off people's bumper stickers. This last one happened to us today.

That being said, I don't plan on watching the election coverage tonight. I spoke with my dad last night and this is his plan as well. I get nervous just thinking about the outcome. When this happens, I have to remind myself regardless of the outcome, that the Lord is the ultimate ruler and not who gets elected. His will will be done today. Even though I may not have a clue as to why things happen, there is an ultimate purpose in everything.

This is a very comforting thought, during a very uncertain time!

4 comments on "His Will Will Be Done"

Lindsey on November 4, 2008 at 7:14 AM said...

I hear ya! I am sick of those commercials! I am nervous of the outcome too, but as you said, God is in control no matter who becomes president! Great post!

Amy on November 4, 2008 at 9:23 AM said...

I feel the same way. However, I may be forced into watching coverage this evening at my Bible study. But at least I'll be in a room full of people praying and watching.

Witness My Fitness on November 4, 2008 at 2:50 PM said...

Amen!

Becki on November 4, 2008 at 4:23 PM said...

Well said! I know exactly how you feel.

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal