Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sad Yet Rejoicing


I woke up this morning to receive a call from David, letting me know that his grandpa had passed away early this morning. We knew he wasn't doing very well health wise, but it was still a little all of a sudden. He was doing so so and all of a sudden yesterday, he really wasn't doing well. We figured he didn't have long, but I don't think anyone expected it to be so soon.

David has been in Arizona all weekend filming and from the couple of real quick conversations that I was able to have with him, he is understandably upset. I think the part that is the worst for him, is that he is currently so far away from his family and he wasn't able to say goodbye to his grandpa before he passed away. If he hadn't have been working, he would have been able too.

When my grandma passed away two years ago, we knew she was heading downhill very quickly. The doctors told us she only had a few more days. I immediately hopped on a plane and flew back to Indiana. She was unconscious when I got there, but I was still able to talk to her, pray for her and say goodbye. I really do feel that it helped in the grieving process.

I spent all day with the family. While over there, I learned that David's grandpa is to be buried up in Sacramento. Once all the arrangements have been made, we will be heading on up there. Thanksgiving might be put on hold or if we are still here in town, I am sure it really won't feel like a holiday.

Regardless of how our Thanksgiving is spent this year, I know all of us will be thankful. Thankful that Jesus died for our sins, so that we may spend the rest of eternity with the Lord. Even though we are all sad that David's grandpa passed away, we are rejoicing that he is with the Lord.

On my way home tonight, the song "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me came on. It was the perfect moment for that song to play, as it expressed exactly what I was thinking.

Please pray for David and his family during this time of grieving.

6 comments on "Sad Yet Rejoicing"

Angie Eats Peace on November 23, 2008 at 9:32 PM said...

I am very sorry to hear this. Positive thoughts to you both.

Amy on November 23, 2008 at 9:35 PM said...

I'm sorry to hear about David's grandpa. But it is comforting to know that he'll get to see him again some day. I'll be praying for your family.

Witness My Fitness on November 23, 2008 at 11:37 PM said...

Thanks for this post, Robyn. If is any encouragement to David, I was working the Harvest Crusaides when my grandpa died. I was going to visit him the next day because I wasn't working. At first, I was so upset with myself that I didn't get to see him one last time and say goodbye to him. Quickly, I was reminded that I couldn't dwell on that. His Grandpa knows that David loved him, and David was really good at showing his love to his Grandpa every time he was around him. When we saw him last night, he was struggling so much for every breath and every movement. When we came and saw him after he passed away this morning, he looked so peaceful. It truly is a time of rejoicing. I couldn't imagine the peace that he feels now. (Sorry. That was a long comment!)

Nicole on November 24, 2008 at 6:43 AM said...

I'm sorry David wasn't able to visit his grandpa before he passed away. Thinking of you guys.

Becki on November 24, 2008 at 5:04 PM said...

So sorry Robyn. You have a great outlook on the situation, take comfort in that :)

Leann on November 24, 2008 at 10:45 PM said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. My thoughts and prayers to you both.

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal