Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Getty Villa


So, yesterday we went to the Getty Villa in Malibu, with the hubby's family. I think we all really enjoyed ourselves. Even though I enjoyed myself, I was a little surprised, because I was expecting it to be J. Paul Getty's home and not a museum. Kinda like the Hearst Castle or the Vizcaya Museum Gardens in Miami. I got over that quickly and focused on the gardens and artwork. My favorite part of the museum was the gardens. I really recommend as well, getting the head phones. It was really worth the extra $5.00.

It was also nice to get away and head down to the ocean. After leaving the museum, we headed over to Dukes restaurant for a late lunch. David and I have officially now, been to all 4 Dukes restaurant, Kauai, Honolulu, Huntington Beach and now Malibu. My favorite is the Kauai one. Not surprising, because your talking about Kauai. We got the Hula Pie for desert and it was amazing like always. It is macadamia nut ice cream, with chocolate fudge and whipped cream. Yummm!

On the way home, we saw the most amazing sunset I have ever seen. No pictures unfortunately. The sunset was so beautiful, from all the smoke in the air, from the fires. It was this gorgeous red color. Also because of the fires and freeway closures, it took us forever to get home. As we got close to home, we could see the bright red glow in the distance, from the Orange county fire. It was very eerie.

Anyways, we had a good time. Here are the pictures we took of the museum.








My super cute nephew Jackson











Here are a couple silly ones of my oh so humourous husband.



7 comments on "The Getty Villa"

Amy on November 16, 2008 at 11:23 PM said...

Oh I love Dukes. Hula Pie is my absolute favorite. Now I'm jealous. :)

Angie Eats Peace on November 17, 2008 at 5:12 AM said...

Great pictures of the museum. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda on November 17, 2008 at 9:34 AM said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Jackson is super cute :D

Lindsey on November 17, 2008 at 12:23 PM said...

Love the pictures. You guys are so cute together!

Becki on November 17, 2008 at 4:34 PM said...

The museum is gorgeous! I may have to go check it out one of these days.

Kristy on November 17, 2008 at 6:16 PM said...

Great pictures! I didn't know David grew a beard. It's so weird on him. ;)

Witness My Fitness on November 19, 2008 at 9:40 AM said...

It was a nice, but surreal day (it ended with us taking 5 1/2 hours to get home...including stopping for dinner, but still!!!!). I want to go again when there isn't smoke so you can see the real view from Duke's....it is beautiful (not as beautiful as Kauai, but still beautiful). And, the Hula Pie was AMAZING! Oh, yeah, and I have to agree that Jackson is super cute! Thanks for posting those pics! I have them on my computer now!

Followers

 

Bliss ~ Félicité Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal